Sunday, August 29, 2010

Chia

Chia's apparently one of those ones you don't need to cook, you can just soak and then blend with fruits or milk/mylk and spices.

3T chia seeds
3/4 C tea, water, milk or mylk
1 T sweetener- agave, palm sugar, lucuma, maple butter, apple sauce

mix and match from:

1 Tbs Goji berries
1 Tbs Pumpkin seeds
1 Tbs Sesame seeds
1 Tbs Coco nibs
3 T coconut shreds
1 T hemp butter or your favorite raw nut/seed butter
cinnamon
nutmeg
cocoa/carob
vanilla
pinch of salt
1 banana
2- Fresh strawberries, sliced
1/8 Cup Fresh Mango, cubed

Mix chia with liquid, or put it all in together and leave til thickened a bit. Blend if you want to. That's it.

I tried mine with water, a teaspoon of honey, and a shake of mixed spice. The taste was light and refreshing, and reminded me of herbal tea, chamomile or jasmine. I got a gentle earthy seedy taste. As reputed, it DOES go into a thick, seedy gel. I think this one's all about what you put with it. The next time I had it I had it with milk, honey and nutmeg (delicious) and I've also had it with blackcurrant drink (also delicious.) I must mention it left a happy warm feeling in my tummy after eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment